Sunday, June 20, 2010

I put a level 4 red brown on my bleached blond hair and it's too brassy/pink. What color do I u

I used a level 4 brown/red redken with 10 volume peroxide. I am a hairdresser; not trained well in color and need quick advice.



I put a level 4 red brown on my bleached blond hair and it's too brassy/pink. What color do I use to tone down

Jet black or brown. Any darker color should help.



I put a level 4 red brown on my bleached blond hair and it's too brassy/pink. What color do I use to tone down

Just use any NATURAL warm brown shade, this will take out the pinky tinge...Don't go for anything other than natural or it will go even pinker



I put a level 4 red brown on my bleached blond hair and it's too brassy/pink. What color do I use to tone down

usa a brown with the word "ash" in the name. Example: Ash Brown. The word ash is imperitive....it won't turn your hair brassy or red.



I put a level 4 red brown on my bleached blond hair and it's too brassy/pink. What color do I use to tone down

i think you should use a blue wash, not a dye, it's something you use in the shower to tone down your hair. if you have a Sally's around you go there to get what you need and take advantage of the clerks knowledge. they really know what they are talking about.



I put a level 4 red brown on my bleached blond hair and it's too brassy/pink. What color do I use to tone down

That has happened to me among other stories.. I had died my hair red then saw that it didnt look that great because I was super white no tan what so ever. I had to bleach it then it turned pinkish orange. The hair bleach totally ruined my hair, I was walking around looking like a cotton candy or some sort. I waited a week to color my hair to a darker color then I would use normally. It took a while to get it back to my blonde.



My advise is taking your time with getting your hair color back. Dont go putting everything and the kitchen sink on your hair. My neighbor did that and all her hair was falling off.



The worse that can happen is that you would have a story to tell like I just did. So don't sweat it.



I put a level 4 red brown on my bleached blond hair and it's too brassy/pink. What color do I use to tone down

Hair color has one of two bases. It is either warm tone, which is the reds. The other is cool tone, which has a green base. The natural hair also has either warm tone or cool tone. This is the reason that hair color goofs often happen. If your hair has warm tones and you use color with warm tone you may pull out the red cast to the hair. If one has cool natural tone in their hair and they use a cool tone color their hair may turn green. The other thing to understand is that bleaching or peroxides lift color, that is how they lighten. This is why is a natural blonde swims in a chlorinated swimming pool, the hair may turn green, because it pulls or lifts the color, which leaves the predominant base, or undertones. Most all hair color goofs result in green or red shades. Pink is a lightened shade of red. The agent that would tone down or reverse this warm tone would be a cool tone. Cool tones are ash shades. The problem with recoloring hair goofs, is the combination effect. The hair was colored with peroxide, which means it was lightened, and the tone was absorbed into the hair shaft. This means the hair may now be stained and may need to grow out or be cut. It would be best for you to cut your hair to get the damage off of it first. Second, you will want to use a ash color to tone it down. Use a hair swatch to test it, so that if it does not turn out how you want it, no harm done. Technically, you could have avoided this by doing a test color on a small swatch taken from the nape of the neck. The amount of color absorbed into the hair shaft often depends on the porous state of the hair. The more the hair is damaged, the more porous it is, so therefore it absorbs more color. It gets sealed into the shaft. If you want to brave it then I suggest to go to the exact opposite ash tone on the color wheel of the color you used. If you are a hairdresser, please, always test the hair first before coloring, until you get experienced. There are many factors to consider before coloring. Such as, is the hair virgin to color? Does the hair have existeing color on it? When was the last date of color? What was used? What is the state of the hair? Dry, brittle, course, fine, etcWhat is the state of the scalp? Irrritated, sores etc? Are you using staining agents like temporary dyes that rinse out after one was, if so they still can stain the hair and permanently grab the hair shaft esp if damaged. There is also semipermanent hair colors, that wash out in about 6 to 8 washes. They too may stain. Then there is permanent color that permanently stain the hair shaft but may fade some in 4 to 6 weeks. Some colors have peroxides or bleaching agents in them....they are usually the more permanent ones. If one colors a darker color no lightening is needed. If one is going to a lighter shade, you must ligthen the hair with peroxides or bleaches first or during the process. The product "Basic White Bleach" is a bleaching agent used by trained professional that can remove color from the hair. It works rapidly and if left on too long can cause the hair to fall out, but if used effectively it can remove natural color or dyes and then one can place a toner on the hair. The toner has no lightening agents, it simply readds the color desired. After color it is essential to trim the hair, avoid heat like hair drying, curling irons etc. Use good sampoo and conditioners. Avoid alcohol based hair products as they will dry the hair even more. If the hair feels like straw, esp when wet you have severe damage and your hair is at high risk for falling out. This is the sign of severely overprocessed hair. Another indicator for severe damage is if the hair washed dries extremely fast with room air, it is severly damaged.Extreme damaged hair should never be colored, unless using a temporary rinse only. If even then, because it may stain the hair miserably. Best of repair to your hair. The good thing is, hair will grow and now you can learn from the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
child tax credit