Thursday, June 17, 2010

What kind of tarantula for a pet?

I have had experience raising various common and, unfortunately, small tarantulas such as rose hairs, pink toes, and antilles pink toe. Now I want a big tarantula. In fact, i want the biggest tarantula possible. However, it must be able to live in my aquarium i have set up(which does not meet requirements of Goliath). I have a 40 gallon tank that is half as tall as it is wide. It has about 4 inches of cocunut husk at the bottom and a heat pad which can be removed for terrestrial (land living) spiders. I also have a few things to climb on and a few things to hide in and under. The heat and humidity are kept at average tarantula keeping levels. PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE LARGEST TARANTULA I CAN GET THAT WILL MEET THE REQUIREMENTS I LISTED? Thanks for all comments ahead of time!!



What kind of tarantula for a pet?

I always had Mexican red leg tarantulas about 5-6 inches in diameter. But I believe the largest is the Brazilian Salmon at 8-10 inches. Though, I think it may also be the Goliath Birdeater.



The Brazilian does quite well in 10 gallon and up aquariums. And a bonus is they will eat just about anything from live goldfish in their waterdish to small lizards, frogs, and the traditional cricket. Just make sure the food is live, and pesticide free.



If you're into breeding, I hear the Brazilian Salmons breed quite well in captivity.



What kind of tarantula for a pet?

I have a Chilien Rose Tarantula....they are quite big but smaller than alot of Tarantula's. It has never bitten any of my family so i would suggest you get one of them. Report It



What kind of tarantula for a pet?

spiders are gross

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
child tax credit